Saturday, August 29, 2009

Benvenuta

Haven't quite figured out how to operate my voltage converting thingy yet, so I'll keep this short as my battery is about to croak:

I made it here!!! This was the information given to me about my host family:

"Annalisa move to Siena in July 2007; she fully Sienese in any case...she has two children (ages 14 and 10). Both children shoot archery. Livio practices kung-fu, and Olga does rythmic gymnastics. Annalisa works in a school or neuropathy in Fiesole and has a herbal remedy store in Siena's Piazza del Campo. When she was younger she had four American students in her home. She loved the experience and wanted to repeat it along with her children."

Fantastico!

Intensive Italian classes begin Monday, but for the moment I'll be watching "Honey" in Italian with Olga...

3 comments:

  1. Abby- We are so sorry we missed you in Canada this summer but thrilled to hear that you are in Italy and maybe in Sienna! We love Sienna- having been there quite a few times. We are super excited thinking of you in Piaaza del Campo, enjoying all the contradas etc. We can't wait to hear how your adventure is going. Take care and have a ball! Debie and Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I didn't know I could comment. Your host family sounds ... perfetto!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Abby! What a great idea to post a blog so we can all hear about your adventures! Hope you have a fantastic semester!

    ReplyDelete